Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Catching Up

There has been a bit of a hiatus. In the naive way that only a first-time-mom can dream, I truly believed the following things:
a) pregnancy couldn't get worse than it was at 35 weeks
b) I would be able to "sleep when the baby sleeps"
c) I would be able to use my brain to think about things other than nursing and counting poops
d) I thought for sure I would be able to read a book here and there in all my "down time"

What I have now learned is:
a) Week 39 is SO much worse
b) I COULD sleep when the baby sleeps, but then I would have to forego showers and food
c) Not only can I not wrap my brain around anything else besides nursing and pooping, but I can't even keep that straight, so I write it down (along with when I take out and feed the dog, lest she starves, poor thing)
d) Not only are there no books being opened, in my "downtown" (joke) the only things my brain can absorb are MTV reality shows (Teen Mom 2 anyone?) or the E! network...

But I am finally able to write coherent sentences! Hurrah! And here is the reason for all this... Jack Estrela Mattison... born December 22, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment