Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The 2 Week Sprint

When you look at the calendar of an independent school, there is a period of time where there looks to be very little school. That time is between Thanksgiving and Winter Vacations. A mere 2 weeks and 4 days this year, you probably think, "well, that's nice, how much can really happen in that time?" It is becoming scarily apparent that WAY too much is supposed to happen in that time. Because what those of us in the independent school know, that others do not, is that while the time IN school may be only 2 weeks and 4 days, the amount of work to get done is equivalent to the same time without vacation... i.e. 6 weeks: Nov. 23- Jan 4th. 6 weeks worth of work, in 2.9 weeks time. Now that's just crazy.

It is now 6:40pm on Thursday. After a day of running around organizing winter teams, updating summer camp information, planning a 7th grade health event, a senior sex-ed class and entering 150 edits of grades and comments (this alone took over 2 hours), I am sitting with my wonderful husband, enjoying a nice glass of wine and unwinding:) This is the moment that makes the day worth it. Life will always be busy and always be hectic, so I will vent a bit, then move on and enjoy my free time with my family. I only have one day to go until the weekend, and I can wear jeans. Another thing to be thankful for:)

1 comment:

  1. You are so right! I love this post :) That time does make it all worth it. Enjoy your relax time with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete